Part of the St. Joseph comprehensive Cancer program, our Radiation Oncology Center delivers advanced cancer care, here at home. Our providers specialize in radiation treatment for cancer and oncology care and cutting-edge technology. We are your team in the fight against cancer.
The radiation oncology treatment team includes a physician, medical physicist, a dosimetrist, radiation therapists (all board-certified in radiation oncology) and an oncology nurse. There are three treatment methods for cancer available at St. Joe's: surgery, chemotherapy and external radiation therapy. Often a combination of these treatments is used to fight cancer and its effects.
St. Joe's offers external radiation therapies. External therapy uses a linear accelerator to direct high-energy rays to cancer and the surrounding diseased tissue.
Our Radiation Oncology Services:
- Two linear accelerators to provide radiation treatment
- Computed tomography (CT) systems with 3D and 4D treatment planning
- External beam radiation, including photos for deep-seated tumors and electrons for superficial treatment
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) delivers higher radiation doses directly to cancer cells while sparing more of the surrounding healthy tissues
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) portal imaging to provide instant digital images for treatment verifications
- Positron emission tomography (PET) is used in combination with CT to evaluate and stage cancer
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) provides highly precise treatment of tumors in the lung, liver, and other sites
Radiation Oncology Providers
St. Joseph Regional Medical Center is partnering with Cancer Care Northwest (CCNW) to offer radiation oncology physician services to patients in the Lewis-Clark Valley and surrounding areas. Treatments are taking place at St. Joe’s Radiation Oncology Center next to the hospital’s main campus.